2014 marked another step in the improvement of Medisprof values. We want it to be the best, to offer to our patients what is best in term of services and treatments, at American standards level. In the following part, we will present to you a selection of key moments of 2014, as well as a plan of the Medisprof events for 2015.
Key moments of 2014
The most successful event of 2014 was without any doubt the National Conference: “A multidisciplinary approach of cancer in 2014”, which took place in Paltinis from 8 to 11 mai 2014. It was the first conference organized by the Medisprof Association with the support of the AOPR and Diasan medical center, at a national level. We were glad to exchange experiences and information about the oncology domain with more than 100 participants from all over the country.
A long-term objective is to become a national reference regarding to the cancer treatment. Consequently, the ongoing training of the Medisprof clinic staff is a priority for our clinic. In 2014, Medisprof was successfully represented to the following events, at a national but also international level:
- The Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy Medical Congress, to which participated Dr. Udrea Adrian and Dr. Ungureanu Andrei. Dr Udrea presented the Medisprof clinical study department and the novelties in digestive tumors treatment (“Update on treatment of gastro-entero-pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors”), while Dr. Ungureanu has bring to the participants some novelties in the melanoma section (“B-RAF inhibitors” and “Satellite symposium Roche: the first personalized treatment of patients with melanoma”).
- The Lisbon 16th Congress of Psycho-Oncology, where our colleague Ancuța David participated to the workshop about the support program for diagnosed patients with prostate cancer (“Multi-Component Survivorship Programs: From Development and Delivery to National Dissemination”) and about the aspects related to the secondary symptoms of the oncology treatments (“Coping with fatigue and other side-effects of cancer and cancer treatments”). Ancuța also presented a poster (Scalp cooling system in preventing chemotherapy-induced alopecia: a pilot study on 108 patients – a Romanian Oncology day hospital experience”) concerning the Dignicap, a system used with success by the Medisprof clinic.
All of these events we participate help us improving the life quality of our patients, because, as you know, at Medisprof, the most important value is the patient. As a result, we are always updated with the last novelties from the oncology domain, we exchange ideas with other specialists during events and we participate to clinical studies.
In 2014, we closed 7 clinical studies within the Medisprof clinic, including the following cancer types:
- Lung cancer (ex. A Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase 3Study of First Time Maintenance Tarceva versus Tarceva at the Time of Disease Progression in Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) who Have Not Progressed Following 4 Cycles of Platinum-Based Chemotherapy),
- Breast cancer (ex. A Phase 3, Randomized, active-Controlled, Assessorblinded Study of Safety and Efficacy of Pegylated Apo-Filgrastim versus US and EU Licensed Neulasta in Subjects with Stage 2a,2b or 3a Breast Cancer Receiving Tac Anticancer Chemotherapy in Adjuvant Setting),
- Prostate cancer (ex. A Phase 1b/2 Study of Docetaxel and Prednisone, with or without ISIS 183750 (an eIF4E Inhibitor), in Patients with Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer).
In addition to the Medisprof staff professionalism, an element we want to improve at the clinic is the ambiance. That’s why, in 2014, we started to renovate the clinic and the first step was the acquisition of chemotherapy chairs, which create a more pleasant and alive environment. Bionic chairs ensure a high degree of comfort to our patients for the duration of the chemotherapy treatment.
In Medisprof clinic, we are united in a single desire, to help people and to save lives. And this desire, we want to transmit it also to the young French students, who came to study in Romania. Therefore, we participated to the information session for French students in Medecine organized by the French Embassy in Romania, in partnership with the French institute of Cluj-Napoca. Within this event, we presented to these students the particularity of the oncology medics and we offered them the opportunity to realize their resident period with us, at the Medisprof clinic.
Last but not least, 2014 meant a permanent race of the patients with the life, illustrated within the campaign PitStops for Life. This fundraising campaign, organized by the Medisprof Association in partnership with Pitstops.ro, united the speed and motor sports fans with those who wants to brake with their cancer and to keep enjoying their lives.
What’s next in 2015?
Continuity is a key word for Medisprof and we transform events into traditions. Therefore, an event which we intensely prepare for 2015 is the conference “A multidisciplinary approach of cancer in 2015”. The next year edition will certainly be a special one, because it will be organized under the Best of ASCO* brand, during the 26 and 27 June, at the Ana Dome Golden Tulip, Cluj-Napoca.
Before the big conference, you can find us at the beginning of the next year to the Medical Services Fair of Polus Center, CLuj-Napoca. But it is not all of it! We will prepare you more events and campaign which you will need to find alone. For this, we invit you, in 2015, to stay updated about us, if it’s not already the case!
* ASCO – American Society of Clinical Oncology